GREAT PROJECT MANAGING, POSITIVE AND ACCOMMODATING
My husband and I bought an old farmhouse Victorian house (built in 1892) in Needham in April of 2016. Although the house has great bones, it needed a little new breadth into it. As 1st time home owners, we weren’t quite sure what we wanted to do but had a few contractors come over and give us their thoughts on how we can maximize our updates with minimal cost/work.
We went with Mike and his company, By Home Mass because he spent a great deal of time with us going over every detail and suggested to touch up the home and update it to keep the integrity but make it our own. His quote was incredibly detailed and he sent it to us when he said he would, something NONE of the other contractors provided to us.
Overall, we are incredibly happy with the decision to work with Mike. Like many homeowners, we started off with one vision and changed our mind several times throughout the whole process (sorry Mike!). He was always positive and accommodating and made sure the work got done and we were happy in the end.
The list of items I can think of off the top of my head that he did was:
– Re-plaster many of our old crumbling and old horse hair plaster walls – awesome job!
– Paint interior walls – from bright reds and yellows to beautiful neutral grays
– Re-finish & Stain hardwoods – all original hardwoods that now are gorgeous
– Open up doorway from kitchen to dining room to create open living concept (our favorite decision and makes such a difference in the flow of the house)
– Install recessed lighting in the living/dining space (also looks amazing)
– Re-finish and paint our really old banged up wood staircase (now looks super classy and nice)
– Finish off a wall that previously was a window to nowhere
– Install all new crown molding and baseboards
– Install gorgeous dining room wainscoting
– Rip out carpet in our bedroom and install hardwood floors
I would highly recommend using Mike and his team for any renovations and remodels in your house. He is a very hard worker and is now a great friend. I am not going to lie and say that the process was perfect but I think for the amount we changed and added to our requests, he did a great job managing it with always a smile on his face.
I’m happy to be a reference and if anyone has any further questions on Mike, his company ByHome, or his team. Please message me with any specific questions. Thanks!
Mara and Justin,